Coal is for chumps!
The Redstone Furnace is one of the Machines added by Thermal Expansion. It is very similar to the Furnace in vanilla Minecraft, except that it works faster and requires Redstone Flux instead of solid fuel to operate. Like the Furnace, it smelts items into other items, but it also has some recipes of its own that cannot be performed in a regular Furnace.
The Machine was previously called the Powered Furnace. This was changed in the third iteration of the mod, when it moved from the Minecraft Joules power system to the Redstone Flux power system.
Installing the Trivection Chamber Augment limits the Machine to cooking food, but causes it to do so much more efficiently.
When working at maximum speed, the Redstone Furnace consumes 20 RF per tick. When its internal energy storage is starting to deplete, the Furnace will slow down and use less power. This prevents sudden interruptions of the Furnace's work when its power supply cuts short.
- 1. Input Slot
- Items placed in this slot are processed by the Furnace.
- 2. Output Slot
- Fully processed items end up in this slot.
- 3. Progress Arrow
- Displays the progress of the item currently being processed. If Not Enough Items is installed, the arrow can be clicked to look up the Furnace's recipes.
- 4. Power Gauge
- Displays how fast the Furnace is working in relation to its maximum speed.
- 5. Energy Gauge
- Displays how much Redstone Flux is currently stored in the Furnace.
- 6. Charging Slot
- Items that store Redstone Flux that are placed here are discharged by the Furnace to charge itself.
- 7. Energy Tab
- Displays how much power the Furnace uses, and how much Redstone Flux is currently stored in it.
- 8. Information Tab
- Displays a bit of information about the Furnace.
- 9. Tutorial Tab
- Explains various things about the Furnace and the other tabs in the GUI.
- 10. Augmentation Tab
- Allows installing Augments in the Machine.
- 11. Security Tab
- Allows setting who is allowed to access the Furnace. Only available if a Signalum Security Lock is installed.
- 12. Redstone Control Tab
- Allows setting how the Furnace responds to Redstone signals. Only available if the Integrated Redstone Circuit Augment is installed.
- 13. Configuration Tab
- Allows configuring the input/output behavior of the sides of the Furnace. Only available if the Integrated Modular Framework Augment is installed.
- 14. Player Inventory
- The inventory and hotbar of the player that is accessing the Furnace.
The different sides of the Redstone Furnace correspond to different color-coded slots in its GUI. These sides can be identified by color-coded openings in the sides of the Furnace. This is used for handling input and output with ducts/pipes/conduits/tubes, other Machines and other types of inventories.
If the Integrated Modular Framework Augment is installed, this feature of the Furnace can be configured. Some things can be inserted from any side.
If the Integrated Servo Mechanism Augment is installed, output items are automatically ejected from the corresponding sides of the Furnace, evenly divided between the available outputs.
If the Integrated Hopper Apparatus Augment is installed, input items are automatically pulled into the Furnace from adjacent inventories at the corresponding sides.
*: Cannot be automatically ejected from.
|Type ||Color ||Default Sides|
|Item input ||Blue ||Top, Bottom|
|Item output ||Orange ||Left, Right, Back|
|Any item input/output* ||(colorless) ||(not set)|
|Redstone Flux input ||- ||(any side)|
Redstone Furnaces can do anything that Furnaces from vanilla Minecraft can, but they also have some additional recipes of their own.
Recipes that use less energy take less time to perform. Cooking food generally uses very little energy in Redstone Furnaces.
If the output item of a recipe has multiple versions added by different mods (Copper Ingots for example), and one of the versions is added by Thermal Foundation or Thermal Expansion, that version will be preferred.
|Input ||Output ||Energy|
|Most Furnace recipes ||1600 RF|
|Pulverized metals (dusts) ||Metal Ingots ||1000 RF|
|Raw food ||Cooked food ||800 RF|
|Cactus ||Cactus Green ||800 RF|
|Redstone Ore ||4x Redstone ||1600 RF|
|Lapis Lazuli Ore ||6x Lapis Lazuli ||1600 RF|
|Hay Bale ||Charcoal ||3200 RF|