The Enervation Dynamo is one of the Dynamos added by Thermal Expansion. It extracts Redstone Flux from items that store it. These can be items that are designed to store energy like Energy Cells or Flux Capacitors, or natural sources of energy like Redstone.
When extracting energy from items that are designed to store it, the Dynamo is not affected by changes to its fuel efficiency caused by Fuel Efficiency or Power Output Augments.
The Enervation Dynamo extracts energy at a maximum rate of 80 RF per tick. This rate may decrease depending on how full the Dynamo's internal storage is, which can fill up if the Dynamo cannot emit its energy. The rate may be reduced down to a minimum of 8 RF per tick. At this point, extracted energy that cannot be stored anywhere is lost.
Installing the Excitation Field Limiter Augment removes this lower limit, allowing the Dynamo to automatically stop extracting energy completely if needed.
Energy extracted by the Enervation Dynamo is stored in the Dynamo's internal energy storage. It is then emitted as soon as possible in the direction in which the Dynamo's red coil is pointing. The Dynamo does not emit energy if it is inactive, even if some extracted energy is still stored in it.
The Dynamo accepts energy-containing items from external sources like Machines or Ducts. These can be inserted on all sides of the Dynamo, except for the coil. However, if the Transmission Coil Ducting Augment is installed, that side may also receive them.
The below table lists the materials that the Enervation Dynamo can extract energy from. Materials that yield less energy are consumed more quickly.
|Block of Redstone
||640000 RF (10x Redstone)
*: May be changed in the config.
- 1. Input Slot
- Items placed here have Redstone Flux extracted from them by the Dynamo.
- 2. Flux Gauge
- Displays the progress of extracting Redstone Flux from the currently used item.
- 3. Energy Gauge
- Displays how much Redstone Flux is currently stored in the Enervation Dynamo's internal energy storage.
- 4. Energy Tab
- Displays at how much power the Enervation Dynamo is extracting, and how much Redstone Flux is currently stored in it.
- 5. Information Tab
- Displays a bit of information about the Enervation Dynamo.
- 6. Tutorial Tab
- Explains various things about the Enervation Dynamo and the other tabs in the GUI.
- 7. Augmentation Tab
- Allows installing Augments in the Dynamo.
- 8. Security Tab
- Allows setting who is allowed to access the Enervation Dynamo. Only available if a Signalum Security Lock is installed.
- 9. Redstone Control Tab
- Allows setting how the Enervation Dynamo responds to Redstone signals. Only available if the Integrated Redstone Circuit Augment is installed.
- 10. Player Inventory
- The inventory and hotbar of the player that is accessing the Enervation Dynamo.